Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Vinegar + Color + Baking Soda = Fizzy Fun

I was perusing pinterest this morning and came across an ingeniously simple idea from this pin.  Why didn't I think of that?!? It was so easy and inexpensive - not to mention my son had an absolute ball!  He saw me loading the pictures for this post and said "FUN! FUN!"

So here's what you do.  It's pretty self explanatory, and I don't think it's possible to mess this up....but here's the play-by-play anyway.


You will Need:
White Vinegar, Small dishes (I used custard cups), food coloring, baking soda, medicine dropper
 The Setup:

I just put a little vinegar in each dish.  Then we chose our colors - I did 4 drops of each.  I covered the bottom of an 8x8 pan with the soda
 Have at it!
The Beginning

Adding a few more colors
 Finishing up:
We had a grand finale at the end where we dumped the rest of the vinegar in the pan all at the same time.  J's reaction was (with a look of awe and wonder) "oh, Nice!"
J had a great time 'drawing' in the sludge at the bottom.  See?  The fun never stops!  He could have played like that forever, but I cut the fun short.  I seem to have a sensitivity to vinegar, and I was getting pretty itchy!


So that was our morning.  A cheap, easy, super fun activity that could entertain kids of all ages, and even the adults that are young at heart!

"purdy neat, huh?"

No comments:

Post a Comment